Pages

Friday 27 August 2010

Grow bag holder

I've seen a couple of products on the internet that hold grow bags on thier sides and claim to provide more space for roots. The plastic version is availiable for £26.99 + P&P from http://www.kakoi.co.uk/ and the wooden version £24.99 from www.nucan.co.uk/grow.html.


I figure they look pretty cool and could increase the space in the garden I use to grow my tomatoes, or at least make it more portable. I have lots of scrap wood around (thanks neighbours) and will try to figure out a way of making something similar over the winter ready for next year.

I have a couple of plans on paper. The wooden version looks easiest and it's all slot together, so this is what I will be aiming for, with the possible addition of something on the ends to hold bamboo canes in place. This will allow me to cover the holder in plastic (instant mini green house) or netting, or construct a system of strings for the tomato plants to grow up. This years tomatoes have very sucessfully been grown up the tomato frame I built earlier in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment