Pages

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Volunteering

Not very gardening like I know, but this afternoon I spent a couple of hours with Dave at the LILI head office, giving him and Taryn a bit of help with promoting some of the courses they list.
I quite fancy a go at basket making, cheese making, smallholding, keeping pigs, tree pruning and sheep keeping to name a few (actually I fancy having a go at just about all of it).

When I got home my lovely Mummy had brought a big box full of apples from her tree round and a smaller box of pears from my sisters tree (thanks guys). I made apple crumble and custard for pudding and peeled and cored a load of pears which are now sitting in an electric water bath in kilner jars.
On Thursday I'll process the remainder of the pears and all the apples. I have made apple jelly and apple butter, so what to make now.........?

Right now I need to scrub and blanch all the carrots I pulled up from the allotment and get them in the freezer.

On a side note
It Rained!!!:)))))
Which means my water butt is full. On the down side, the pressure isnt high enough for me to use a timer off it for the watering system, so I guess the water butt system will be manually operated and the mains supply one on the timer.

I have several sunflower heads, so if anybody wants some sunflower seeds, give me a shout and £1.00 P+P (UK only) and I'll post some out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment